To register on Learn to Ring, go to the Registration Page. Complete the reCAPTCHA check, then enter your personal personal details:
- Email Address – this must be a valid address, as you will be sent a link to set your password. It must also be unique on our system. You will be sent a link to set your password when registered – if you don’t receive the email, please check your spa m folder and settings (also add email@example.com to your webmail address book). You will be contacted occasionally using this address, but only when necessary. You have 24 hours to set a password – after this you can request a new token by clicking on ‘Forgot your password?’ on the login page.
- User Name – you will need this to log in to the system. This may be visible to other users, so ideally should be something anonymous. It must also be unique on the system – also note that it cannot subsequently be changed!
- Postal Address – we need this so we can contact you, and find a suitable tower to ring at. If you don’t want to give your full address, at least enter your town and county.
- Post Code – we also need this so we find a suitable tower for you to ring at. Please enter at least the ‘Outer’ code (e.g. S41).
- Country – please be aware that there are very few ringing towers outside the UK.
- Phone Number – if you can provide this it can be useful as a direct means of contact.
- Date of Birth – please enter if under 18 years of age, otherwise check the ‘I am 18 or over’ box. If you are using a Safari browser, you may need to clear the date (it assumes you want today’s date!) – on other browsers it should be empty initially.
- I agree to the Terms and Conditions – to register on the site you must allow us to pass on your details to one of our local ringing societies, as they will be handed the job of finding a suitable tower to ring at.
Please note. If you are 12 years old or under you must ask for your parent/guardian’s permission to register (we will be making additional background checks via your affiliated ringing society/tutor to verify the supplied information).
Once you have registered successfully you will be sent an email welcoming you to Learn to Ring. Click on the link to set your password. You will then be able to view or amend your personal data.